Myofascial Cupping for Muscular Release
Have you ever wondered what myofascial cupping is? Or more importantly, why it’s sought after by professional athletes worldwide to maintain peak physical condition and function.
At Williamstown Health + Lifestyle, we offer vacuum (piston) cupping in conjunction with Remedial Massage techniques to enhance the success of our clients individual treatment plans.
What is Myofascial Cupping?
Cupping is a form of myofascial release which uses negative pressure techniques to restore optimum function of all soft tissues. Piston cupping uses plastic cups, to safely lift, separate and stretch connective and muscle tissue (fascia).
Why is Cupping Effective?
Some of the many benefits of cupping include:
- Stretching tissue assisting increased range of motion of joints
- Increasing circulation and fluid movement (reducing edema)
- Assists the reduction of adhesions/knots within muscle fibres
- Increases hydration of connective and muscle tissue
- Lengthens and separates muscle and connective tissues
- Assists the prevention of soft tissue injury
- Increases recovery post injury
- Maintains soft tissue function
At Williamstown Health + Lifestyle, our qualified and experienced practitioners use a range of cupping techniques in combination with Remedial Massage, to provide treatments that are both highly effective, and as individual as you are!